At Thomas Carter Opticians we can supply safety glasses on a private purchase basis for self employed persons, or we can help to establish a system for employees to visit us for sight tests and supply of Safety eyewear.
We currently accept the following forms of safety’s glasses processing via company/ corporate eye care systems. To learn more about these companies then click the logo to be directed to their official websites.
- Parmelee Eyewear solutions also manage the Eye ticket system, putting employers and employee’s in control of their corporate eye care.
- We also accept Edenred eye care vouchers which some suppliers give out. This ensures you can redeem your corporate health care allowance where you feel comfortable.
The Nitty Gritty:
- By UK law, safety glasses should be worn when working in an environment that may cause irreparable damage or even loss of sight to a person.
- All employers and employees should ensure that they meet the necessary health and safety regulations and have regular risk assessment’s within the workplace to maintain a safe working environment.
- Different lens materials exist for differing work environments, for example: hazardous waste and chemicals, projectiles, dust and debris and welding.
- If a person requires the use of corrective prescription lenses then they should be supplied or equipped appropriately with prescription safety glasses
We work closely with specialist laboratories that can supply spectacles made to kite marked British Standards for safety use.
These can be supplied in the following kinds of correction:
- Single vision
For more information on products and prices for private purchases then contact the Dispensing Team, Gemma or Louise
To discuss corporate accounts for you and your employees then contact the Practice Manager, Joanne Stainton